Wednesday, September 14, 2005

News Flash: Louisiana Politicians Are Corrupt...Okay, so it's not news.

According to an ABC News story, Rep. William Jefferson, Dipsh*t, La., had National Gaurd Troops take him to his affluent home five days after hurricane Katrina.

Rep. Jefferson, Dumb@$$, La, is a member of the House Ways and Means Committe. This same William Jefferson is under federal investigation for his role in promoting telecommunications companies in Africa. I guess it should come as no suprise that this @$$hat would misappropriate military equipment and personnel to bring him to his house to get whatever was in that trunk during the hell that followed Katrina.

I guess it should also come as no suprise that Rep. Jefferson is setting up a legal defense fund (you'll have to scroll down a bit to find the story) for concerned citizens donate their money. According to the Times-Picayune, Jefferson's fund has not been set up yet, but I hope when it is you all donate generously.

Now, Louisiana has been known for decades for it's crooked politicians like Earl K. Long, and Edwin "Fast Eddie" Edwards as well as just plain a-holes like David Duke and James Carville. Apparently my fellow Louisianians like crooked politicians because they sure as hell keep electing these idiots. I told anybody that would listen that Governor Babineaux-Blanco didn't have what it takes to make hard decisions because she can't decide whether to keep her maiden name, or take her husband's last name.

I just pray that the my fellow bloggers don't associate me with Louisiana politics. I just want to know what it's going to take to keep these criminals from being elected.

[Note: If I can locate the information about Jefferson's defense fund, I will post it here. For now here is a link to Jefferson's contact info.]